What We Believe (God Speaks) – Zack Hensley
by Zack Hensley
We are an Elim Fellowship church. We have been since 1959. That means we share their statement of faith. We also adhere to all of the traditional creeds.
Our Statement Of Faith:
1.We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible Word of God. II Peter 1:21.
2. We believe the triune Godhead consists of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. II Cor. 13:14. Three in One and One in Three.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. I Timothy 3:16.
4. We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor and endeavor. Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15-18.
5. We believe in salvation through the redeeming blood of Christ. Hebrews 9:22.
6. We believe in water baptism for believers by immersion. Matthew 28:19.
7. We believe in the keeping power of God. Jude 24.
8. We believe in sanctification and holiness of heart and the overcoming life. Ephesians 5:15-17.
9.We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit; the present ministry of the Spirit through the five ministries, the gifts of the Spirit, and the fruit of the Spirit. Acts 2:4; 10:46; 19:6; Ephesians 4:11; I Corinthians 12:8-11; Galatians 5:22, 23.
10. We believe that divine healing is obtained on the basis of the Atonement. I Peter 2:24.
11. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment. John 5:28, 29; Revelation 20:15.
12. We believe in Christ’s imminent bodily return in power and great glory, and in His present and coming everlasting dominion. (Acts 1:8, Rev. 1:7, Dan.7:14)
13. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment. (John 5:28, 29, Rev. 20:15)
14. We believe that the definition of the covenant of Marriage is a Biblically defined word signifying union between a man and a woman, and that definition is timeless and cannot be redefined.